Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of the Ecotao Store Terms and Conditions
We are Ecotao Enterprises CC (Registration number 2001/053814/23). Your access to and use of the Ecotao store is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Ecotao Enterprises, or otherwise used by Ecotao Enterprises as permitted by law (e.g. open-source image). Should any assumed open-source image on this site be copyrighted, please advise us and we will remove it.
In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
The use of automated systems or software to extract data from this website or www.ecotao-store.co.za (‘scrape’, ‘scraping’ or ‘screen scraping’) is prohibited unless the third party has directly concluded a written licence agreement with Ecotao Enteprises, in which permits it access to Ecotao’s price, stock and listing information.
We accept payments via one of three methods:
- PayFast – You will be redirected to Payfast.
- Zapper – You will be redirected to Zapper to complete the payment (Note: You require the Zapper App installed on your smartphone).
- EFT – You will receive an email with our bank details provided, proceed as follows:
- You will receive and email with a Proforma Invoice with our account information located in the footer.
- You need to use your order number as the reference on your transfer.
- For internet banking, the place to insert your order number is usually marked “Beneficiary’s reference” or “Their reference”.
- It can take up to 3 days for us to receive and process your direct transfer.
- Cheque payments are subject to a 7 day clearance period and we will only process your order after the cheque has cleared.
- Please send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a Proforma Invoice attached to your order confirmation email once the checkout process is completed. For Payfast and Zapper, we will begin processing the order once payment hass been made. For EFT payments, we will process the order once the payment has reflected in our bank account or if valid proof of payment (POP) is provided.
Shipping and Delivery
The delivery costs will be displayed on checkout and is based on the dimensions and weight of the products and the delivery destination. We use Courier-Guy for our door-to-door courier services. The delivery address must be a physical address, and cannot be a post office box. Someone will need to be available at the address to receive the delivery. Deliveries are made during business hours from Monday to Friday. The courier rates will be dynamically calculated and displayed on checkout.
Main centres include properties within a 50km radius of the major cities in South Africa. If you are not in a main centre, it may take a few days longer. We do not deliver by courier to plots, farms, mines, military bases, major chain stores, power stations, game reserves and lodges, airports or harbours, and should your delivery address fall into one of these categories you will be liable for the extra costs incurred in delivering or returning the parcel.
Please note, for products marked as only available on backorder, delays are typically 3 to 6 weeks, but can extend to 8 to 10 weeks in the case of new sea freight shipments.
This policy does not refer to items that you may have received damaged, faulty or incorrect (these will need to be reported within 5 days of receiving the item).
|Reason for return||Needs to be reported within:||Do I need to pay for return shipping?|
|Received physically damaged||5 days of receipt||No|
|Incorrect info/ Incorrect item||5 days of receipt||No|
|Unwanted/bought the wrong item||7 days of receipt||Yes|
s56 (read with s55) of the CPA
|Does not serve particular purpose (s55(3) (read with s20) of the CPA)||7 days of receipt||No|
Before submitting a return, please note the following:
- Please contact us at email@example.com, if you are unsure if an item is returnable.
- The ecotao-store.co.za returns department may tell you that they do not believe you have a claim, for example because the warranty period of the goods has expired. In this case we may refuse to replace goods, or refuse to pay a refund.
- We cannot accept goods returned without our prior consent; and unless such goods are as new and in current production.
- The actual product needs to be received at Ecotao Enterprises in mint condition
- Please include your order number or dispatch note inside the returned parcel
Please ensure that you package the item securely to protect it against getting damaged in transit (on its way back to Ecotao Enterprises). Ecotao-store.co.za cannot accept responsibility for damage occurring before it is delivered to Ecotao Enterprises, even if this damage was caused by a third party. We would strongly advise against using a only a bubble-envelope – rather use a combination of bubble-wrap, cardboard, layers of paper, etc.
Last updated: 03/01/2022